Parenthood has always been an extremely complicated task.
We don’t need to present qualifications to get the job, yet it requires so many talents and skills. The terms of employment aren’t great; the working hours are unreasonable, the salary – is there one? – and forget about early retirement…
And yet, parenthood is the center of our lives. We love our children above and beyond all else, they are more important to us than anything, and we’re prepared to do everything for them.
But what? What must we do? What are the challenges of parenthood today?
This series of lectures is a practical guide for the modern parent. It provides answers for critical questions, such as how we can raise self confident children, who have a positive self image, can communicate effectively, have respect for themselves and other, know how to choose wisely and enjoy their lives to the fullest.
01: What Does an Effective Parent Do?
02: The Love for Our Children: Is Not Only What We Thought It Was
03: Discipline Without Punishment
04: Common Mistakes & How to Correct Them
05: Zivit Abramson Answers Parent’s FAQs
Dr. Rachel Shifron recommends:
“Anabella Shaked’s lectures bring the parents educational methods based on the psychology of Alfred Adler and Rudolf Dreikurs. Parents who have the courage to try these new, effective and practical methods will learn through this excellent series of lectures to understand the development and behavior of their children. They will discover how to raise their children to grow into responsible, independent adults, capable of functioning well in all areas of life – work, family and friends – and be able to realize their abilities and actualize their full potential to make a positive contribution to a democratic society”.
Anabella Shaked, MA MCC
- Twenty years experience in counseling parents.
- Founder, lecturer and head of the School of Psychotherapy, The Adler Institute, Israel.
- Academic head, lecturer and chief instructor in the Israeli Adlerian School for Professional Coaching (ACPT), Master Certified Coach.
- Married and mother of three.
Zivit Abramson, psychologist
- Senior lecture, Adler School of Psychotherapy, Israel
- Former Head of Dept. of Parent Education and Family Therapy, Alfred Adler Institute, Israel
- Former Presenter of the TV parent education program “Family Connection”
- Author of the book on Couple-Partnership in terms of Adlerian Theory.